Compare The Cost on Bathroom Remodeling
A typical bathroom remodeling job costs $9,700. Nationally, homeowners will invest between $5,811 and $15,627. Driving factors in price will be quality of products, total square footage, and whether you’re updating just the essentials. A 700 sq ft master bath could easily $21,000 – $26,000. Labor cost generally run about half of the overall bathroom remodeling expense. So, expect to pay between $55 – $85 per hour for good labor and talent.
Nationwide Average Prices to Remodel a Bathroom
- Remodeling a small bathroom cost is between $1,300 and $3,300.
- A complete bathroom remodel will cost $14,000-$26,000; a huge master bath remodel can easily go over $40,000.
- The average cost to redo a bathroom per square foot will be about $125 per square foot installed.
How Long Does it Take to Remodel a Bathroom?
A typical bathroom remodel takes 18 to 35 days to fully complete. The time will be closer to 18 days if the remodeler works on weekends.
As a general rule, expect the bathroom renovation to take 14-30 days for proper planning, job execution, and tying up loose ends at completion.
Other Things to consider:
- Labor cost
- Cost for sink, bath tub/shower
- Cabinetry cost
- Cost for tile
- Lighting fixture prices
- Toilet prices
How To Remodel a Bathroom for Cheap?
- Limit Your Tile or go easy to quality. Tile drives the cost up fast.
- Cut costs on sink counter tops.
- Paint the bathroom yourself at job completion.
- Install new fixtures yourself.
Is Bathroom Remodeling Worth It?
According to the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, if a bathroom remodel is properly done, homeowners can recover about 50% of the cost. However, according to most appraisers, as a general rule, unless your bathroom is extremly outdated, you should not expect to recoup more than 25% – 30% of the investment.
Does Not Having a Bathtub Hurt Home Resale Value?
To keep value, there must be at least one bathtub in your home. It doesn’t need to be in the maser bathroom as long as it accessible for other occupants. This is typically the called a guest bathroom.
How Much Does a Walk In Shower Cost?
The average cost of a walk in shower is between $375.00 to $700.00 for the floor tub and side walls. At around $900, installation is the bigger cost contributor. This all assumes there are no plumbing or installation problems.