How Much Do Replacement Windows Cost in Milwaukee, WI?
In Milwaukee, WI the average price range for replacement windows within 50 miles of the area is between $400 – $525 per window plus labor cost (around $130/hour). Below is a list of the top home replacement window companies in Milwaukee, WI. You can reach out to them directly, or request to compare quotes from up vetted companies in your area.
Abbey Windows & Exteriors
525 N 94th St
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Argo Glass & Windows
5255 N 91st St
Milwaukee, WI 53225
Window Depot USA
4630 Brust Ave
St Francis, WI 53235
Feldco Window, Siding, & Doors
401 W Boden St
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Home Glass Co Inc
6580 N Industrial Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53223
4401 S Kansas Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53235
Types of Windows to Choose From
The type of windows you choose also impacts the final cost. Here are the different types of windows, their prices, and their benefits and disadvantages.
Casement windows open outward and have large glass panes that provide plenty of light.
These windows are also ideal for homeowners who prefer energy-efficient windows. The only downside is the price — casement windows typically cost double, compared to affordable options such as double-hung windows.
Awning windows also open outward and they open with the help of a crank. Awning windows are versatile and can be installed anywhere, even above the doors. These windows are also less expensive than many other window types.
Picture windows don’t open and consist of large glass panes. They’re commonly installed on the center portion of a wall to provide a grand view. Picture windows are recommended for higher-story homes and rooms.
Keep in mind, these windows don’t offer the best energy efficiency. They’re also one of the priciest window types.
Double-Hung and Single-Hung Windows
These are the most common types of windows.
The only difference between the two is the sash — single-hung windows have one movable sash while double-hung windows have two. These windows look great in all buildings and homes and are easy to clean and maintain.
These are also some of the most affordable window types. The only downside is they don’t offer the best energy efficiency.
Jalousie windows are the most inexpensive option. These windows consist of glass slats with metal clips and are easy to open and close.
While these windows are cheap, they’re not ideal for colder climates. They provide maximum airflow even when they’re closed, which will make your home extremely cold. They also offer less security.
A shattered window isn’t the only window that could need replacement or repairing. Even outdated windows in your home could be costing you big time on your electricity bills.
It’s important to replace or repair your windows to save money. You also want to keep yourself and your family safe from the elements.
Looking to update your Milwaukee home? Consider replacing those energy-inefficient windows to keep out the weather and add some curb appeal.
Below are estimated costs for replacement windows in Milwaukee and a few of the possible benefits to consider when making that decision.
How Much are Replacement Windows in Milwaukee, WI?
The average cost of replacement window installation in the Milwaukee, WI area is between $300 and $1000 for each window but these numbers can go up. Varying cost is dependent on many factors including:
- Window type: For residential windows, there are different styles at different price points. Single-hung and double-hung windows are some of the least expensive while bay windows are a little pricier.
- Materials: Different materials have their own advantages from wooden frames to vinyl or fiberglass.
- Size: The size of the windows and also the size of the job will affect the overall cost.
- Number of stories: Why would the number of stories affect the price? Installing a window that is higher off the ground is more labor-intensive and complex.
Just looking at a repair job? Below are some things to consider.
What Does It Cost to Repair Home Windows in Milwaukee, WI?
The average price for a window repair is $200-$500.
Although it depends on the extent of the damage, the cost of repairing a window isn’t too different from replacement. A single pane repair or minimal damage is a lower cost but sometimes it might be better in the long-run to consider a replacement.
Are Replacement Windows worth it?
Why should you get them replaced? Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Lower energy costs: Replacing your windows with ENERGY STAR-certified windows could lower energy bills by 12% and protect your home from Milwaukee’s chilly winters and warm summers.
- Home appreciation: Keep resale in mind in how your home can return the cost of replacement by increasing its value. Buyers show more favor towards these types of home improvements.
- UV protection: Insulating double or triple-pane glass can block damaging ultraviolet rays from the sun that cause fading in your home’s interior.
- Easier maintenance: Windows that are easier to keep clean and maintain will stay in better overall condition.
- Security: Protect what’s inside your home. Tempered or laminated glass is better at withstanding tampering from an intruder or high winds and debris from severe weather.
- Reduce condensation: Condensation can get between the panes of glass and cause fogging or worse, it could damage the frame and cause rot or molding.
Your home’s windows won’t last forever. You’ll want to make them worth their while. Window replacement is an investment that gives a lot in return both immediately and in the long run.
What Should You Do?
Hiring a professional contractor can save time, money and alleviate the stress of wondering if the job was done right.
Ultimately, the decision is yours but please don’t hesitate to contact a professional to get a quote and to answer any questions about replacement windows in Milwaukee.