How Much Does Central AC Replacement Cost In New York, NY?
Replacing your central air conditioning unit will cost New York residents between $4,500 – $12,434. Here’s what you need to know about pricing factors.
Has your AC unit stopped blowing cool air? Check out this guide to learn how much central ac replacement costs in New York, NY.
The hot summer nights of New York City are right around the corner, are you prepared?
If your HVAC system’s best days have passed, you may want to consider central AC replacement before the hot summer months.
If you want to save one central AC replacement, you need quotes. Knowing the standard pricing for services can ensure you don’t overpay.
Discover now how central AC replacement costs can save you money in New York.
Is It Time for a Central AC Replacement?
Replacing your central AC can save you money over time. While you pay more upfront, a new AC can last for ten years or more! Relying on outdated AC units is like throwing your money away.
Newer AC units are way more energy-efficient. Relying on an outdated unit can also lead to other problems, including:
- Having low refrigerant can cause your unit to work harder with less efficiency
- Normal wear and tear can leave you paying for AC repair last minute
- Old units are more susceptible to electrical issues
- Fans can malfunction
- Poor air quality
Using outdated AC units means you’re paying top dollar for poor air quality and inadequate cooling.
How Much Will a Central Air Conditioner Replacement Cost?
The national average for AC replacement ranges between $3,800 and $7,500. That doesn’t include ductwork. While that’s a significant expense, it’s much less than a new install.
The cost to install central air conditioning averages between $5,000 and $12,500. Here’s a breakdown of costs:
- Labor costs between $500 and $2,500
- Materials can vary from $1,000 and $10,000 depending on the type of unit you use
- Total vary from $1,500 and $12,500
While this is a wide range, it’s for good reasons. First, you have to factor in the cost of the AC unit.
Depending on the brand, it can cost upwards of $10,000 for a high-end AC unit. Of course, the size of your home is another factor.
Here’s how much you may pay by square foot:
- 1,000 square feet can range anywhere from $3,000 and $6,000
- 1,500 square feet averages anywhere from $4,000 and $7,000
- 2,000 square feet costs between $5,000 and $9,000
- 2,500 square feet averages between $6,000 and $10,000
- 3,000 square feet cost upwards of $7,000 and 12,000
That averages out to $25 to $60 per square foot. Some good news here is that these prices factor in installation for heating and cooling. So, you may save money.
An additional factor is the size of your AC unit. Here’s how much you can pay by the ton:
- 2 tons – $1,500 and 3,000
- 3 tons – $2,000 and $4,000
- 4 tons – $2,500 and $6,000
- 5 tons – $3,000 and $8,000
The cost to replace central air can also vary in price based on SEER rating. Here’s a price comparison:
- SEER 13 – 14 is between $3,000 and $6,000
- SEER 15 – 16 costs between $3,700 and $9,000
It’s essential to know the factors that can affect your central AC replacement costs in New York.
Best A/C Replacement Companies in New York, NY
Hi Tech Central Air Inc
Looking for Central AC Replacement Costs in New York?
Are you looking to replace or install your central AC in your New York home? You can find central AC replacement costs for the New York area using our Cost Calculator for Central AC.
To save money on your next central AC replacement, visit our site.